About Hotel and Tourism Institute
Established in 1984, Hotel and Tourism Institute (HTI), formerly the Hospitality Industry Training and Development Centre (HITDC), is a member of Vocational Training Council (VTC) which was set up to fulfill the growing demand for professional training in the increasingly prominent hotel and tourism industry. The Centre aims to be the leading institution in hotel and tourism related training in Hong Kong in order to maintain and uphold Hong Kong’s status as a premier travel destination in Asia.
Programmes offered are diversified and up-to-date in order to meet the needs of industry. The programmes cover various aspects of the industry including Food and Beverage Service, Front Office, Housekeeping, Hotel Spa and Hotel Event Operations, Travel and Tourism Service, etc. Emphasis is placed on both basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills which lay a good foundation for students to enter into the professions.The range of our certificate and diploma training programmes are designed for school leavers of S3 and S6. In addition, HTI also offers supervisory and skills upgrading programmes to in-service professionals.
Students can also prepare themselves by gaining practical experience through serving real guests at the training restaurant & lounge, training hotel and training spa, prior to entering the hotel and tourism industry.
To be the Centre of Excellence in providing world class competency-based training for the hospitality industry in Hong Kong in order to maintain and uphold Hong Kong's leadership position in the hospitality industry in Asia.
- Strive to be the major supplier of operative level manpower to the industry by matching our students with the industry's requirements.
- Equip our students with versatile multi-language training in English and Putonghua. Our goal is to furnish our students with versatile communication skills, relevant information technology training, and instill in them an exemplary service culture and attitude.
- Maintain technical excellence in pre-employment training and continuous professional development. We will sustain this excellence through continuous quality improvement of our existing courses and peripheral support.
- Maintain close industry partnership by rapport building and working hand in hand with the hospitality industry in all aspects related to training. We would steer our direction and gauge our performance through the continuous evaluation of industry feedback, and participate actively in professional bodies.
- Devote concerted effort in keeping abreast of new products and trends. Within the constraints of available resources, we would assist in carrying out surveys as well as the consolidation of statistics, and offer consultancy to support any industry quests as required.
- Pursue the renewal and development of our own staff through industrial attachment and relevant training.
- Maintain cost effectiveness and optimum utilization of funds with accurate budget forecasting.
- Raise the society's awareness on the importance of the hospitality industry in Hong Kong by means of promotion and publicity. Our professional image would be enhanced with wider support and goodwill from the society in general, which in turn would attract market interest and encourage people to join our training. We also promote and support career advancement for in-service personnel.